On Tuesday 21 March we took part in the round table ‘Laboratory: the moment of the industry’, organised by the leading journal in this field, Técnicas De Laboratorio (Laboratory Techniques). The event, held in the facilities of Fira Barcelona, was also supported by LABMAS, the association that brings together 90% of Spain’s manufacturers in the laboratory industry and whose main mission is to increase its members’ competitiveness in boosting exports and internationalisation.
In the round table, we discussed the current situation of the industry and the challenges facing manufacturing and distribution companies:
- Encouraging cohesion in the industry to position it as strategic and a generator of a value-added product
- Exploit new technologies to boost new channels of sales and marketing
- Integrate automation in the portfolio of high-value services to offer
- Strengthen public-private partnership to reduce the gap between the needs of the corporate world and the scientific-technical offering of the education and training sphere
- Capacity of resilience and organisational transformation to overcome the problems of the shortage of raw materials and the implementation of the new plastics law
- Moderate optimism regarding the long-term growth forecast of an industry that is trending to towards corporate concentration
All of this with the presence of a broad representation of industry leaders, such as:
- Luis Alfonso López-Villalta, General Manager Spain of Anton Paar Spain
- Claudio Trullén Fantini, General Manager Spain of CARLO ERBA Reagents (DASIT Group)
- Alex Canals, CEO, CRUMA
- Jordi Puig Herrera, General Manager, JP Selecta
- Gerard Duch, Laboratory Area Manager, Miele Professional
- Penelope Alvarez, CEO, Ortoalresa
- Txabi Gaztelu, General Manager, Proquinorte
- Pere Gallego, General Manager, Scharlab
- Jordi Puig, General Manager, Azbil Telstar
- Angel Barroso, European Sales Support Manager, Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Laura Fuentes, Director of VIDRA FOC
Of the more than 530 companies that are exhibiting at Expoquimia and Equiplast, over 50 are suppliers of laboratory materials, analytical measurement and testing instrumentation. View here the list of exhibitors at Expoquimia23.
All the details of the round table in number 479 of the journal Técnicas de laboratorio (Laboratory techniques).